This project was my first attempt with kinetic type and I learned a lot through this month long project. Though I know I did a good job for a beginner, listening to Law’s challenge to us to improve the video by Monday March 12th, got me to go back to the video and see if I could make any changes.
And yes, I found couple of places that needed improvements –
- Changing Title slide text to match with ending
- Changing color of the less dominant voice to one color.
- Improving type play in certain areas from 20-40sec.
- Worked on a better composition for title part, that works well with the end title screen.
End Title Screen
2. Change the color of dialogues of the meddler(john beddoe) to one color – here I made it red, and kept the shades of light and dark brown for cyrano de burgerac – depending on how angry he sounds.
red text used for the meddler’s voice in the dialogue part
I initially used brown when he says “no!”
changed it to red to create a better cohesive system
3. Playing with repeater tool. Olden typographic posters have simple yet fun graphic compositions that add more value to the type. I want these really simple graphics to take my video to the next level.
Final video :