Object Poster Final Stages

After working on the feedback I got during last critique session, my poster has taken a different turn and I am much happier about it.

What was so surprising to me was the time I took to reach to this poster. I took an incredibly LOONG time to get to the poster posted below:m&p_POSTER with photographs_2nd version_1

When I first started on it, I made a grid out of circles and lines:output_retmgh

I then made it a live paint grid so I could individually paint the tiny triangles(took me forever!)

mp_p-01

this was the result after colouring them in the initial stages

mp_poster-with-photographs-01I finally reached this stage where I live painted a layout made of locks and a central heart just like my object (my keychain is made of hearts and locks) but I still had to work on it. However, I replaced the mask and other illustrations with the actual handmade versions.

As I continued working, I reached the stage where I felt like the poster was not working anymore which is shown below:

m&p_POSTER with photographs_2nd version_1

Also, after the critique day, it was very clear to me that there were so many things that needed corrections and I set off on a new poster based on the critiques that I felt would make my poster work:

When I started over, I felt it didn’t take me as much time to arrive at the following poster as I learnt a lot of lessons from the past week that has shaped my understanding of the different aspects of a poster.

mp_poster-with-photographs_final_8-copy-01-copy

This is definitely my favourite poster that I have made in the last couple of weeks and I can’t stop thinking that feedback given to you is often valuable and really necessary to make a better work.

mp_poster-with-photographs_finale_2-01-copy-2

I further experimented with the font and the placement of the text but after the next critique I realised that the text “Nostalgic” was definitely illegible from a distance as the fill was a bit distracting and that the background turquoise colour was not working very well with the objects. I decided to go for a purple background as it is complementary to yellow found in the mask and the beads of the drum.

CYMERA_20160901_124904-1

My next challenging part was including my object (keychain) in some way. I first tried to put it on the zip as my intent with this poster is that as the zip unravels, the story of the keychain is produced.

maskbrightenedd_colorchanged

However, this did not look very well even after playing around with the colour of the keychain and I finally decided to replace the “i” in nostalgic with the keychain. I placed the keychain over the i so as to align the jump ring of the keychain with the dot of the i. I think this works best and I really love how it looks.

screen-shot-2016-10-04-at-8-21-25-pm

The keychain is not visible from a distance even though the word is legible which it makes it more interesting as you have to come closer to the poster to see it.

Kerning ‘Nostalgic’ was a bit of a challenge as we haven’t had much experience with kerning yet and including the object in the word made it a bit more challenging. However, I tried my best with it and asked my friends to critique it so I could improve it.

final_a1_poster-01_copy

And finally! here is my final object poster! I am really proud of this poster and am happy that all the work that I put into it in the past month has finally paid off.

mp-01-copy-3

Just for laughs

Cant believe I even turned this work in class just 3 weeks ago. #FacePalm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s